11.16.2006

Free The Pain

The future hangs over our heads, like a calm steady rain...I stay in trying to live for today.

There's a liquid cure for this pain. I know it's not the best choice, but the choices we make, will soon enough make us.

Love is a bottomless pit. If you're still free, start running....away.

Is this the end of our paralysis, I think I can stand up and walk.

You put me away like I was a toy.

I'll never forget this, but at the same time...if we could only just talk.

Bitter lies and better lines, it all fades together, in our great demise.

I spill my heart, as if I was a poetic machine. I wish you had more quarters...so I could let you in.

I sleep with no ambition, I wake with no conclusion . . . the end is near, the end of delusion?

I take pride in my way of life, but the my life has no pride in me. I wish I could fall off the edge, if for only a second...so then I could see...it's not what I make of it, it's what it makes of me....I take a deep breath..and just now begin to breathe.

(A Poorly Formatted Poem) By: Billy C. Sturgill

2 comments:

bp said...

hmm, not too hot, not too cold. perfect.

Anonymous said...

asdf